- When vacationing try to find
a hotel that has a fitness center/and or a gym near by that offers a free trial week.
- If no free trials are available pay immediately for the entire week. You will most likely
be inclined to workout if you paid for it!
- Look for a local personal
trainer that owns a training studio. You could probably get a good deal for a couple of workouts and be done in as little
as 45 minutes without waiting around for equipment to open up.
- No gyms or trainers available.... go for
a brisk walk or jog for 20-60 min first thing in the morning. Vacations are usually a busy time for most people; better
get the workout in as soon and as early as possible.
want to the leave room. Push ups and crunches mixed in with exercise bands(bodylastics) can help you work up a sweat and stay fit.
- If possible book a room with a kitchen....buy some of your own food
and prepare at least one good healthy meal a day.
- Snack through out the day to prevent the fatted calf type meal at dinner
time: here are some good snack choices:
- Raw nuts with no added sugars or oils
- 2-4 ounces
- Fresh fruit
- Pretzels, just don’t go overboard, a handful usually does the trick
- Mini rice cakes
(about 2-4) with a tablespoon of natural jelly or nut butters including cashew, almond or peanut butter.
- Protein shakes made
with whey or soy. These are great for on the road snacking. Mix one scoop with 8 ounces of water or juice in your shaker,
add some ice and you’re ready to go!
"Exercise is Medicine"- American College
of Sports Medicine